APPLICATIONS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM ARE NOW CLOSED. WE ANTICIPATE THAT APPLICATIONS WILL NEXT OPEN OVER SUMMER 2018.
Get ready to begin a rewarding adventure that could change your life!
One of the greatest benefits of the Disney International Programs is the experience gained whilst working as a Cultural Representative. This is an opportunity to work and learn from one of the world's leading entertainment and hospitality companies. On the Cultural Representative Program, participants share their culture and customs with Walt Disney World® Resort guests who visit from all over the world.
To qualify for this program, participants must authentically represent one of the countries or regions that have been recreated in look and feel at Walt Disney World® Resort - The United Kingdom.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on a rewarding adventure with the Disney International Programs... #MYYUMMYSTORY
On the Cultural Representative Program, participants will work in either Food and Beverage or Merchandise and Kidcot at the United Kingdom Pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot. Participants will be paid an hourly wage between $10.00 - $10.15 per hour, and will be provided with at least 32 hours of work per week.
See what a "Day in the Life" is like as a Cultural Representative. Check out Scott's video!
On this unique experience, participants will work at the Walt Disney World® Resort on a Q-1 Cultural Representative Visa. The Cultural Representative Program is a 12-month program, although the program length may vary with the country/position offered. Participants will also receive an additional 30-day travel period upon completion of the program.
One of the most unique aspects of the Disney International Programs is just how international they really are. Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world.
There are four Disney International Housing complexes you could be housed at, each featuring amenities including fitness centers, transportation systems, swimming pools and computer labs – providing an exciting setting for you to build relationships and create lifelong memories. You can also participate in cast member events and scheduled activities in the housing complexes throughout your program. During your personal time, you'll even have the opportunity to visit Disney parks and explore everything that Orlando, Florida has to offer.
Whether you're assigned to a one, two, three or four-bedroom apartment, you'll share a bedroom with one or two Disney International Programs participants. Often, your roommate(s) will be from another country, allowing you to learn about other cultures as you share your own and make lifelong friends.
In order to make the living experience more convenient for you, housing costs are automatically deducted from participants' weekly paycheck. Participants will also help support the exclusive activities and events they'll get to attend throughout the program by contributing a one-time fee of $225.00 USD at the time of offer (Disney Program Assessment Fee).
Stay connected! Explore the Disney International Programs social networks and enjoy videos that provide a behind the scene look into all the Disney wonder. Connect with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Disney Internatinonal Programs Blog.
- Disney International Programs Facebook
- Disney International Programs Twittter
- Disney International Programs Youtube
- Disney International Programs Blog
Check out what you could get up to as a Cultural Representative with Disney!
For more information about the Cultural Representative Program, visit the Disney International Programs website.
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM, PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Hold a valid passport for the United Kingdom
- Be available for a full 12-month contract
- Speak fluent conversational English
- Have no visible tattoos - face, neck, wrist and hand tattoos are not permitted
In addition to this, the following experience is highly sought after:
- Extensive previous work experience in either the Food and Beverage or Retail industry
THE YUMMY JOBS TEAM CURRENTLY RECRUITS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
- United Kingdom
Please note: If you have recently attended a pre-screen interview with us for the Cultural Representative Program in January 2018, you are not permitted to reapply for the next season of applications. You may apply again after one full recruitment season has passed.
- Applications for the Cultural Representative Program are now closed. We anticipate that applications will next open over Summer 2018.
- Applicants must be available for a full 12-month contract.
- All applicants will be required to apply for the program online through Yummy Jobs in order to be considered.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend a presentation and interview session with the Yummy Jobs Team in Essex, U.K.
- If successful, applicants will then be required to attend a final interview session with Walt Disney World International Recruitment in London.
Please note, all dates are subject to change
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM!
Participants on the Cultural Representative Program will be required to submit the following fees:
- Criminal Background Check Fee = £85.00 GBP
- Disney Program Assessment Fee = $225.00 USD
- U.S. Embassy Appointment Fee = $190.00 USD
- Courier delivery of passport = Free to £30.00 GBP
- Flight to the United States = Varies
- Medical Insurance = $40.00 - $70.00 USD per month (approximately)
- Weekly Accommodation Costs = $116.00 - $134.00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended
Please note, all fees are subject to change and may change without notice. Prices stated above are correct for 2018 arrivals.