The J-1 Summer Work Travel USA cultural exchange program is an amazing opportunity for international university students to experience the United States. This program allows for unique cultural interactions and experiences whilst participants work at fantastic host employers all throughout the United States of America.
Imagine the excitement of working for world leading brands in the United States whilst at the same time meeting people from all over the world and understanding new cultres. These sought after experiences allow participants to spend up to four months in the United States during their summer break from university.
We currently have the following programs available as a Summer Work and Travel program in the United States for Summer 2018:
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort - Florida
- Loews Hotels at Chicago - Illinois
- Santa Catalina Island Company - California
- Island Ventures - California
The Exchange Visitor Program foster global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their experiences.
Are you read to take the adventure of a lifetime? Visit our program pages and apply online... #myyummystory
What is the purpose of the exchange visitor program (J-1 Visa Program)?
- The Exchange Visitor Program fosters global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their exchange experiences.
How long does it take to obtain a J-1 Visa?
- The wait times for an interview and processing for a J-1 Visa varies from country to country and is based on your individual circumstances. Please note that exchange visitors beginning new programs may not enter the United States more than 30 days before their program start date. The Yummy Jobs Team will be here to guide you through the entire visa process to ensure you arrive safely.
How long can I stay in the United States once my program has been completed?
- Upon completion of your exchange program, you have a grace period of up to 30 days to depart the United States. During this time we suggest you immerse yourself in the USA culture and travel so that you can experience all that the United States has to offer.
What will I be doing on my program?
- During your program you will have the opportunity to work with American citizens in seasonal or temporary job placements. Working opportunities include placements at toursit destinations, restaurants, hotels and resorts and theme parks throughout the United States. During the program you will experience U.S. customs, traditions and culture, meet people from all over the world and enhance your CV.
For additional information on the J-1 visa please visit www.j1visa.state.gov/
To participate in the Summer Work Travel USA program, you must:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Speak fluent English
- Be fully enrolled in an accredited college/university within the U.K or Ireland, studying full-time towards a foundation/undergraduate degree
- Have successfully completed at least one semester or equivalent of study before the program commences
- Be willing to live in shared accommodation throughout the program
- Be willing to partake in cultural exchange opportunites throughout the summer
If you have any questions regarding eligibility for the program please contact a member of the Yummy Jobs Team!