APPLICATIONS FOR OUR SUMMER JOBS IN THE USA HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2018 SEASON. CLICK ON THE PROGRAM PAGES BELOW TO BROWSE OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUMMER 2019!
The J-1 Summer Work and Travel USA Cultural Exchange Program is an amazing opportunity for international university students to gain summer work in the USA. This program allows for unique cultural interactions and experiences, whilst participants work at some of the best hospitality organisations throughout the United States.
Imagine the excitement of working for world leading brands in the United States, whilst at the same time meeting people from all over the world and understanding new cultures. These sought after experiences allow participants to spend up to 3-months in the United States during their summer break from university. As part of the J-1 Visa, participants also receive a 30-day travel period upon completion of the program.
The Exchange Visitor Program fosters global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their U.S experiences.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on an amazing U.S adventure this summer... #MYYUMMYSTORY
TO PARTICIPATE ON A SUMMER WORK AND TRAVEL PROGRAM WITH YUMMY JOBS, CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a foundation or undergraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The summer programs run from June - September each year.
- Participate and engage in cultural exchange activities during the program.
Participants on a Summer Program in the USA through Yummy Jobs will be required to submit the following fees:
£895.00 GBP = Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, SEVIS Fee, Pre-arrival and Arrivals Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2018
- Criminal Background Check fee = £85.00 GBP
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Courier delivery of passport = Free to £30.00 GBP
- Return flight to the United States = £300 to £600 GBP (approximately)
- Housing deposits = Varies (depending upon program)
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = Varies (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended
Please note, all fees are subject to change and may change without notice. Prices stated above are correct for Summer 2018 arrivals.