GET READY TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR AN AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE IN CALIFORNIA! APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER 2018.
Immerse yourself into a fantastic Work and Travel experience in California, USA for Summer 2019. Located off the coast of California on the beautiful Santa Catalina Island, on this program you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of positions and experience unique cultural exchange.
The Island Ventures company comprises of 3 Retail stores, Food and Beverage locations and 2 boutique hotels. Island Ventures retail stores offer an extensive array of high-quality apparel, accessories, and gifts, featuring big brands and exclusive Catalina Island merchandise. The hotels provide guests with world-class facilities and a fantastic environment in which to savor all that Catalina Island has to offer.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on an amazing adventure to California over Summer 2019... #MYYUMMYSTORY
Imagine gaining world class work experience during your summer break from university whilst living in sunny California! Participants on this program will work in one of the following positions:
- Food and Beverage Attendant/Barista
- Sales Associate
- Hotel Front Desk
Participants will be earning an hourly wage of $10.50 USD per hour and will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week, however typical work schedules will be 38-45 hours per week.
The program runs from June to September each year, which gives you plenty of time to build up your experience. At the end of the program participants will be permitted to remain in the states for up to 30 days for travel purposes.
Check out our Summer 2017 Program Participants at their arrival Luau Party!
Company housing is provided for all program participants. The cost for this is $100.00 USD per week and is fully inclusive of bills. Accommodation costs will be automatically deducted from payroll. Participants will be required to live in shared accommodation for the duration of the program. The housing is located a short walk from your working locations.
Participants on the Island Ventures International program will be able to experience unique cultural exchange activities. As part of your program, the Island Ventures Team will support you with sourcing cultural activities that are designed to enhance your work and travel experience!
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE SUMMER WORK AND TRAVEL PROGRAM WITH ISLAND VENTURES, CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a foundation or undergraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The program runs from June - September each year.
- Participate in cultural exchange activities during the program.
- Applications for the Island Ventures Program for Summer 2019 will open in September 2018.
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - September each year.
- Pre-screen interviews with the Yummy Jobs Team will take place from November 2018 for positions over Summer 2019. Applicants will be required to attend a pre-screen interview via Skype with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a final interview with the Island Ventures Team via Skype.
Please note, all dates are subject to change
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THIS PROGRAM FOR SUMMER 2019!
Participants on the Island Ventures International Program will be required to submit the following fees:
£895.00 GBP = Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, SEVIS Fee, Pre-arrival and Arrivals Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2019
- Criminal Background Check fee = £85.00 GBP
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Courier delivery of passport = Free to £30.00 GBP
- Return flight to the United States = £300 to £600 GBP (approximately)
- Housing Deposit = $150.00 USD payable upon arrival ($100.00 USD refunded at check-out)
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = $100.00 USD per week (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended
Please note, all fees are subject to change and may change without notice. Prices stated above are correct for Summer 2018 arrivals.