APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
- Located on Canal Street, our hotel is steps from famous French Quarter attractions like Royal Street, Bourbon Street and The Shops at Canal Place.
- Meet in New Orleans at one of 13 event venues near the convention center, featuring two elegant ballrooms and on-site professional planners.
- Take in views of New Orleans's iconic French Quarter and the Mississippi River from our hotel rooms, suites and Observatory Eleven cocktail bar.
CHEF DANIEL MILLS
Chef Daniel Mills leads the culinary program at The Westin New Orleans. His love for New Orleans and extensive experience preparing broad range of culinary styles is evident in his cuisine.
Using the freshest ingredients and responsibly sourced, organic items whenever possible, Chef Mills takes pride in helping guests maintain their wellness routines while on the road. He and his team are committed to empowering choice through delicious options that suit guests' dietary needs and preferences.
After honing his abilities in some of Richmond, Virginia's finest restaurants, Daniel Mills joined The Hotel Roanoke in 2008 as the Chef De Partie for the hotel's prestigious Regency Room Restaurant in Roanoke, VA. A grand dining room and storied venue, The Regency Room at The Hotel Roanoke propelled Chef Mills into a new echelon of culinary expertise under the guidance of Chef Nazim Khan (Ritz Carlton Battery Park NYC/Marriott Marquis NYC), an understudy of George McNeal a Certified Master Chef. In 2009, Chef Mills joined Finn & Porter, one of Austin's finest steak, seafood, and sushi houses as Chef De Partie, where he gained invaluable experience studying under Sushi Chef Triet Nguyen, an understudy of American Sushi Master Tyson Cole of Uchi.
Prior to leading The Westin New Orleans culinary team, Chef Mills held the positions of Restaurant Chef, Banquet Chef, and Executive Sous Chef at The Roosevelt New Orleans from 2010-2017.
- Applicants will be required to attend a pre-screen interview via video call with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team in order to be considered.
- If successful, applicants will be required to attend a final interview with the Westin Team via video call.
We are working with some beautiful locations in the USA to offer sponsored and subsidised culinary training programs in the USA so that every budding culinarian can start their Yummy Story.
By sponsored, we mean that for the right, passionate candidate the property will pay for your program fee (yes, that includes visa sponsorship) and this will be deducted from your weekly pay so that don't need to find the upfront cost of going on a program. You would pay the initial $1,000.00 deposit and the rest will be payroll deducted.