APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM ARE OPEN FOR BRAZILIAN STUDENTS ONLY, FOR PROGRAM DATES BETWEEN NOVEMBER 2018 - MARCH 2019 (specific dates to be confirmed).
On this exciting program you will spend your summer break working at the Gaylord Opryland Resort, earning an hourly wage based on your job position. Participants will work in one of the following roles:
- Special Events Attendant
- Food and Beverage Attendant (assignments can include Cashier, F&B Attendant, Food Runner, Host/Hostess, Server or Server Assistant).
Participants will be paid an hourly wage depending upon role and/or location. This ranges between $3.00 USD per hour for Food and Beverage tipped positions (Minimum $7.50 USD per hour guaranteed) - $11.00 USD per hour for Events Attendants. Participants will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week, with the potential for overtime - particularly during the peak of the season.
Company housing is provided for participants for the duration of the program, based at the Inn at Opryland. The Inn at Opryland is directly across from the resort, meaning all work locations are within a short walking distance. Prior to your arrival in the U.S we will be able to take requests for your preference on the housing set-up (depending upon availability) from the following options:
- Single (1 person per room) - $60.00 USD per night = $420.00 USD per week
- Double (2 people per room) - $30.00 USD per night = $210.00 USD per week
- Triple (3 people per room) - $20.00 USD per night = $140.00 USD per week
Expect an extraordinary experience at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center; the largest, non-gaming hotel in the United States! Featuring 2,888 stylish guestrooms, 700,000 modern square feet in meeting space, and over 9 acres of gardens and waterways underneath signature glass atriums. The resort features multiple restaurants and shopping opportunities for guests right under their roof.
Guests can relax and unwidn in the on-site Relâche Spa & Salon, or gather for an outing at Gaylord Springs Golf Links. Opryland's indoor and outdoor pools and 9 acres of lush, indoor gardens and cascading waterfalls will impress all visitors.
In late 2018, Gaylord Opryland will be introducing SoundWaves - a 4 acre, 3-level luxury indoor/outdoor waterpark with dedicated recreation areas for adults, young children, and families!
In the local area, guests can also explore popular nearby attractions including the Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the General Jackson Showboat.
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE WINTER WORK AND TRAVEL PROGRAM WITH GAYLORD OPRYLAND, CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education at a recognised university within Brazil, studying towards a foundation or undergraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The program runs from November - March each year.
- Participate in cultural exchange activities during the program.
- Applications for the Gaylord Opryland Program are now open!
- Applications will close on Friday 31 August 2018 at 5:00pm (U.K Time).
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program will run from November 2018 - March 2019 (specific dates to be confirmed).
- Interviews with the Yummy Jobs Team will take place from May 2018.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview via Skype with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team.
- If successful, candidates will be invited to the final interview stage. This consists of a Skype interview with a member of the Gaylord Opryland HR Team, and a further interview with a Hiring Manager.
Participants on the Gaylord Opryland International Program will be required to submit the following fees:
$1,700.00 USD (3x $566.00 USD installments) = Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, SEVIS Fee, Pre-arrival and Arrivals Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR 2018
- Criminal Record Check = Varies
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Courier delivery of passport = Varies
- Return flight to the United States = $400 to $900 USD (approximately)
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = Varies
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended