APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR SUMMER 2019! SUBMIT YOUR APPLCATION EARLY AND GUARANTEE AN AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE IN NASHVILLE NEXT YEAR!
On this exciting Summer Program, you will spend 3-months working at the Gaylord Opryland Resort as a team member of Food and Beverage Operations. Participants will be paid an hourly wage of $10.00+ USD per hour and will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week, with the potential for overtime - particularly during the peak season.
Most importantly, you will be provided with the opportunity to learn how to complete your role to the high standard that you would expect from a leading Marriott resort, gaining a skillset that will compliment your professional career and enhance your future career prospects.
Company housing is provided for the duration of the program, on a pre-paid basis, based at the Inn at Opryland. The Inn at Opryland is directly across from the resort, meaning all work locations are within a short walking distance. Prior to your arrival in the U.S we will be able to take requests for your preference on the housing set-up (depending upon availability) from the following options:
- Single (1 person per room) - $60.00 USD per night = $420.00 USD per week
- Double (2 people per room) - $30.00 USD per night = $210.00 USD per week
- Triple (3 people per room) - $20.00 USD per night = $140.00 USD per week
Participants on this program will be required to obtain a J-1 Intern or Trainee visa through Yummy Jobs and will be able to train for a period of time as outlined by Gaylord Opryland. Upon completion of the program, participants will have up to 30 days to travel within the United States. Participants must then return to their home country upon completion of the program.
Expect an extraordinary experience at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center; the largest, non-gaming hotel in the United States! Featuring 2,888 stylish guestrooms, 700,000 modern square feet in meeting space, and over 9 acres of gardens and waterways underneath signature glass atriums. The resort features multiple restaurants and shopping opportunities for guests right under their roof.
Guests can relax and unwidn in the on-site Relâche Spa & Salon, or gather for an outing at Gaylord Springs Golf Links. Opryland's indoor and outdoor pools and 9 acres of lush, indoor gardens and cascading waterfalls will impress all visitors.
In late 2018, Gaylord Opryland will be introducing SoundWaves - a 4 acre, 3-level luxury indoor/outdoor waterpark with dedicated recreation areas for adults, young children, and families! Gaylord Opryland is also famous for their "Country Christmas" each year during the festive period - a festive celebration throughout the Holiday season which features an ice kingdom, exclusive theatre and dinner shows, ice-skating, snow tubing, and over 3 million Christmas lights!
In the local area, guests can also explore popular nearby attractions including the Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the General Jackson Showboat.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The summer programs run from June - September each year.
- Students from Europe should contact the Yummy Jobs Team prior to completing an application for further eligibility requirements.
- We are now accepting applications for this program for Summer 2019!
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - September each year (to be confirmed for Summer 2019).
- We aim to reach out to applicants within two weeks of submitting an application for the program.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an online interview with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team.
- If successful, candidates will then be invited to a final online interview with a member of the Gaylord Opryland HR team.
Participants on the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center Program will be required to submit the following fees (after acceptance of an offer):
£985.00 GBP - 3-month Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, U.S SEVIS Fee, Background Check Application, Pre-arrival Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2019
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Flights to the United States = Varies
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = Varies00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended