APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR SUMMER 2019, AND WILL REOPEN FOR SUMMER 2020 IN JULY 2019.
GET READY FOR AN AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE IN ORLANDO WITH LOEWS HOTELS!
On this program, you will spend your summer working in the heart of Orlando earning an hourly wage based on your job position. Participants will work in one of the following roles:
- Room Delivery Attendant
- Pool Attendant
- Quick Service Food and Beverage Attendant
Participants will be paid an hourly wage depending upon the role and/or location. This ranges from $6.00 USD - $8.10 USD per hour for tipped positions, and between $10.25 USD - $10.75 USD per hour for non-tipped positions. Participants will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week, however typical work schedules can be up to 45 hours per week.
Pre-arranged housing is provided by the Yummy Jobs Team for program participants. Accommodation costs will be automatically deducted from payroll and are fully inclusive of bills, Wi-Fi and grab-and-go breakfast daily. Participants will be required to share a room, where there will be either 2 or 3 participants per room. Housing is located at maximum 2 miles from your working location and is accessible by foot, taxi/Uber or bus. Participants will be required to pay a housing pre-payment fee 6 weeks prior to program arrival (to be confirmed for Summer 2019).
Along with a great working experience at leading U.S Hotels, participants will be provided with a range of benefits throughout their program, including free admission to both the Universal Studios® and Island of Adventures® theme parks (passes issued upon receipt of Social Security card. This can take up to 4-weeks after arrival on the program), along with great discounts on merchandise, food and beverage and park admission tickets for family and friends.
Successful applicants will be given selected flight options to book onto a group flight into Orlando, Florida by the Yummy Travel Team at STA Travel. This is a mandatory requirement of the program to ensure a safe and successful arrival into the USA. Upon arrival into the United States, you will be greeted by the Yummy Jobs Team and transportation will be provided to your housing.
Participants on this program will be required to obtain a J-1 Summer Work and Travel visa through Yummy Jobs and will be able to work for a period of time as outlined by Loews Hotels. Upon completion of the program, participants will have up to 30 days to travel within the United States. Participants must then return to their home country upon completion of the program.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full-time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The summer programs run from June - September each year.
- Students from Europe should contact the Yummy Jobs Team prior to completing an application for further eligibility requirements.
- Applications are now closed for program dates over Summer 2019. They will reopen in July 2019 for Summer 2020.
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - September each year.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend an online interview with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team via Skype.
Participants on the Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando® Resort International Program will be required to submit the following fees (after acceptance of an offer):
£985.00 GBP - 3-month Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, U.S SEVIS Fee, Background Check Application, Pre-arrival and Arrivals Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2019
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Flights to the United States = Varies
- Housing pre-payment = $380.00 (this is a down payment which helps to lower the weekly rent cost and secures housing across the summer + U.S arrivals support)
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = $155.50 USD per week (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended