APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR SUMMER 2019! SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION EARLY AND GUARANTEE AN AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE IN THE USA NEXT YEAR!
The culture of Old Edwards Inn and Spa creates and energetic and creative "family" who values the contributions of each of their team members. Not only will you gain valuable training and experience in the luxury hospitality at Old Edwards, but you will find your program rewarding, satisfying and fun.
The success of Old Edwards Inn depends on creating guest relationships and lasting memories by providing flawless service to guests that continually exceeds their expectations. Old Edwards Inn knows that this begins with their team members. If you feel that you have what it takes to create memorable experiences by providing warm, efficient and unparalleled service AND want an amazing summer internship/training experience, then this is the program for you!
Whilst on this program, participants will get to develop their professional experience working in one of the following positions:
- Food and Beverage Server
- Spa and Leisure Attendant
Participants will be guaranteed an hourly wage of at least $11.00 USD per hour (including tips for F&B positions) and will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week, however typical work schedules will be 38-45 hours per week.
Company housing is provided for all program participants. The cost for this will be approximately $90 USD per week and is fully inclusive of bills. Accommodation costs will be automatically deducted from payroll. Participants will be required to live in shared accommodation for the duration of the program.
Participants on this program will be required to obtain a J-1 Summer Work and Travel visa through Yummy Jobs and will be able to work for a period of time as outlined by Old Edwards Inn and Spa. Upon completion of the program, participants will have up to 30 days to travel within the United States. Participants must then return to their home country upon completion of the program.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The summer programs run from June - September each year.
- Students from Europe should contact the Yummy Jobs Team prior to completing an application for further eligibility requirements.
- We are now accepting applications for this program for Summer 2019!
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - September each year (to be confirmed for Summer 2019).
- We will begin interviewing for this program from October 2018 onwards.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an online interview with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team via Skype.
- If successful, candidates will then be invited to a final interview with a member of the Old Edwards Inn and Spa Team via online Video Call.
- We will begin reaching out to candidates with invitations to interview in October 2018.
Participants on the Old Edwards Inn and Spa International Program will be required to submit the following fees:
£985.00 GBP - 3-month Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, U.S SEVIS Fee, Background Check Application, Pre-arrival Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2019
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Return flight to the United States = Varies
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = $90.00 USD per week (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended