GET READY TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR AN AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE IN NORTH CAROLINA! APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER 2018.
The culture of Old Edwards Inn and Spa creates and energetic and creative "family" who values the contributions of each of their team members. Not only will you gain valuable training and experience in the luxury hospitality at Old Edwards, but you will find your program rewarding, satisfying and fun.
The success of Old Edwards Inn depends on creating guest relationships and lasting memories by providing flawless service to guests that continually exceeds their expectations. Old Edwards Inn knows that this begins with their team members. If you feel that you have what it takes to create memorable experiences by providing warm, efficient and unparalleled service AND want an amazing summer internship/training experience, then this is the program for you!
Whilst on this program, participants will get to develop their professional experience working in one of the following positions:
- Food and Beverage Server
- Spa and Leisure Attendant
Participants will be guaranteed an hourly wage of at least $10.00 USD per hour (including tips for F&B positions) and will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week, however typical work schedules will be 38-45 hours per week.
Company housing is provided for all program participants. The cost for this will be approximately $90 USD per week and is fully inclusive of bills. Accommodation costs will be automatically deducted from payroll. Participants will be required to live in shared accommodation for the duration of the program.
Participants on this program will be required to obtain a J-1 Summer Work and Travel visa through Yummy Jobs and will be able to work for a period of time as outlined by Old Edwards Inn and Spa. Upon completion of the program, participants will have up to 30 days to travel within the United States. Participants must then return to their home country upon completion of the program.
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE SUMMER WORK AND TRAVEL PROGRAM WITH OLD EDWARDS INN AND SPA, CANDIDATES MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a foundation or undergraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The program runs from June - September each year.
- Participate in cultural exchange activities during the program.
- Applications for the Old Edwards Inn and Spa Program for Summer 2019 will open in September 2018.
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - September each year.
- Pre-screen interviews with the Yummy Jobs Team will take place from November 2018 for positions over Summer 2019. Applicants will be required to attend a pre-screen interview via Skype with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a final interview with the Old Edwards Inn and Spa Team via Skype.
Participants on the Old Edwards Inn and Spa International Program will be required to submit the following fees:
£895.00 GBP - Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, SEVIS Fee, Pre-arrival Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2019
- Criminal Background Check fee = £85.00 GBP
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Courier delivery of passport = Free to £30.00 GBP
- Return flight to the United States = £300 to £600 GBP (approximately)
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = $90.00 USD per week (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended