APPLICATIONS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM - HISTORICAL RESEARCH CENTER ARE NOW CLOSED. WE ANTICIPATE THEY WILL RE-OPEN IN JULY 2019.
Get ready to begin a rewarding adventure that could change your life!
The Disney Cultural Representative Program, with the Historical Research Centre, sees you working at The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL on a Q-1 Cultural Representative Visa. You will however be employed directly by the Historical Research Center into a Merchandise role. Participants will be paid an hourly wage of $10.00 per hour, and will be provided with at least 32 hours of work per week.
As part of HRC you will be in a Merchandise role working in the Crown and Crest, nestled among the stores in the UK Pavilion. Your day-to-day will include searching Guests family names in HRC’s database to find information about the history of their name as well as their family coat of arms. You will then be able to offer their coat of arms on a number of merchandise. This can range from prints guests can take away there an then, priced $25 to $40, framed pieces you will have the chance to learn to create from $75 to $250 as well as embroidered items such as hand stitched framed items, clothing and handed painted house signs and mugs which cost anywhere from $40 to $2000.
You’ll have the chance to learn about heraldry and the meaning behind colours and symbols to explain to guests about their own coats of arms. There are also opportunities to learn to frame and prepare orders to be shipped, and the possibility to work up to helping with administration and backstage duties, if this is something you want to get involved in! This role would especially suit someone with an interest in History, with a personable manner who enjoys selling by creating bonds with guests from around the world.
The Cultural Representative Program with HRC is a 15-month program, although the program length may vary with the country/position offered.
One of the most unique aspects of Disney International Programs is just how international they really are. Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world. Our complexes feature amenities like fitness centers, transportation systems, swimming pools and computer labs – providing an exciting setting for you to build relationships and create lifelong memories. You can also participate in events and scheduled activities in the housing complexes throughout your program. During your personal time, you'll even have the opportunity to visit Disney parks and explore everything that Orlando, Florida has to offer.
Whether you're assigned to a one, two, three or four-bedroom apartment, you'll share a bedroom with one or two Disney International Programs participants. Often times, your roommate(s) will be from another country, allowing you to learn about other cultures as you share your own.
In order to make the living experience more convenient, housing costs are automatically deducted from participants' weekly paycheck. Participants will also help support the exclusive activities and events they'll get to attend throughout the program by contributing a one-time fee of $375.00 USD (Disney Program Assessment Fee).
Stay connected! Explore the Disney International Programs social networks and enjoy videos that provide a behind the scene look into all the Disney wonder. Connect with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Disney International Programs Blog.
- Disney International Programs Facebook
- Disney International Programs Twitter
- Disney International Programs YouTube
- Disney International Programs Blog
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM WITH THE HISTORICAL RESEARCH CENTER, PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Hold a valid passport for the United Kingdom
- Be available for a full 15-month contract
- Speak fluent conversational English
- Have no visible tattoos - face, wrist and hand tattoos are not permitted
In addition to this, the following experience is highly sought after:
- Previous study in History at Degree/A-level, or a strong proven interest in this subject
- Extensive previous work experience in the Retail industry
THE YUMMY JOBS TEAM CURRENTLY RECRUITS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
- United Kingdom
- Applications for the Cultural Representative Program - Historical Research Center are now closed. We anticipate that applications will next open Mid 2019.
- Applicants must be available for a full 15-month contract.
- All applicants will be required to apply for the program online through Yummy Jobs in order to be considered.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend a presentation and interview session with the Yummy Jobs Team in Essex, U.K.
- If successful, applicants will then be required to attend a final interview session with Walt Disney World International Recruitment in London.
- There also will be a 2nd final interview via Skype with a member of the HRC team in Florida.
Participants on the Cultural Representative Program with HRC will be required to submit the following fees:
- Criminal Background Check = £90.00 GBP
- Program Assessment Fee = $375.00 USD (includes first week of rent)
- U.S. Embassy Appointment Fee = $160.00 USD
- 15 Months Medical Insurance = $550.00 USD to $900.00 USD (must be purchased in full prior to arrival into the U.S).
- Flights to the United States = Varies
- Weekly Accommodation Costs = $136.00 - $205.00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended