CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES ABOUT THE DISNEY CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM
On the Cultural Representative Program, participants will work in either Food and Beverage or Merchandise and Kidcot at the United Kingdom Pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot. Participants will be paid an hourly wage of $10.00 - $10.15 per hour and will be provided with at least 32 hours of work per week. For Food and Beverage positions, the hourly rate will be lowered to $5.40 per hour once entering a tipped Server position.
On this unique experience, participants will work at the Walt Disney World® Resort on a Q-1 Cultural Representative Visa. The Cultural Representative Program is a 12-month program, although the program length may vary with the country/position offered. Participants will also receive an additional 30-day travel period upon completion of the program.
One of the most unique aspects of the Disney International Programs is just how international they really are. Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world.
There are four Disney International Housing complexes you could be housed at, each featuring amenities including fitness centres, transportation systems, swimming pools and computer labs – providing an exciting setting for you to build relationships and create lifelong memories. You can also participate in cast member events and scheduled activities in the housing complexes throughout your program. During your personal time, you'll even have the opportunity to visit Disney parks and explore everything that Orlando, Florida has to offer.
Whether you're assigned to a one, two, three or four-bedroom apartment, you'll share a bedroom with one or two Disney International Programs participants. Often, your roommate(s) will be from another country, allowing you to learn about other cultures as you share your own and make lifelong friends.
In order to make the living experience more convenient for you, housing costs are automatically deducted from participants' weekly paycheck. Participants will also help support the exclusive activities and events they'll get to attend throughout the program by contributing a one-time fee of $390.00 USD at the time of offer (Disney Program Participation Fee).
Stay connected! Explore the Disney International Programs social networks and enjoy videos that provide a behind the scene look into all the Disney wonder. Connect with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Disney International Programs Blog.
- Disney International Programs Facebook
- Disney International Programs Twitter
- Disney International Programs YouTube
- Disney International Programs Blog
For more information about the Cultural Representative Program, visit the Disney International Programs website.
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM, PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Hold a valid passport for the United Kingdom
- Be available for a full 12-month contract
- Speak fluent conversational English
- Have no visible tattoos - face, wrist and hand tattoos are not permitted
THE YUMMY JOBS TEAM CURRENTLY RECRUITS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
- United Kingdom
If you are an Alumni of the Cultural Representative Program (not including other Disney programs), please contact Disney recruitment directly to apply.
- Applications for the Cultural Representative Program are currently closed.
- Keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook for updates about when applications will re-open!
- Applicants must be available for a full 12-month contract. You'll be able to give your 'available from' date, then will be considered for any contracts after this time.
- All applicants will be required to apply for the program online through Yummy Jobs in order to be considered.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend a pre-screen selection day with the Yummy Jobs Team in Essex, U.K.
- If successful, applicants will then be required to attend a final interview session with Walt Disney World International Recruitment in London.
Participants on the Cultural Representative Program will be required to submit the following fees:
- Disney Program Participation Fee = $390.00 USD (includes the first week of rent)
- U.S. Embassy Appointment Fee = $190.00 USD
- Flights to the United States = Varies
- Medical Insurance = $50.00 - $80.00 USD per month (approximately)
- Weekly Accommodation Costs = $111.00 - $200.00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended