APPLICATIONS FOR THE DISNEY ACADEMIC EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019 - 2020 ARE NOW OPEN!
Get ready to begin a rewarding adventure that could change your life!
- Attractions and Operations,
- Quick Service/Full Service Food and Beverage,
- Character Performer
- Character Attendant
The best part about the Academic Exchange Program is the learning experience. On this program you will be registered as a student at Central Michigan Univeristy for the academic year, and will gain credit and certificates upon completion of the program in recognition for your academic efforts. Credits may be transferred to your home university (dependant upon home university and individual course requirements).
The learning experience exposes participants to educational classes instructed Disney professionals, who will each pass over their expertise and knowledge on a range of subject areas. This invaluable and sought after experience will be beneficial towards any future career after graduation.
The program structure sees two semester periods. As part of the program requirement, you will be required to enroll into unique learning opportunities during each of these semesters, through Central Michigan University and the Disney Education team. You will have the option to enroll into classes such as HR Management, Organisational Leadership, Creativity and Innovation, Disney Leadership, Advanced studies in Hospitality Management, Disney Marketing and Disney Heritage. These courses are designed to compliment your current studies at your home univeristy.
The Disney and Central Michigan University learning opportunities will be taught through a variety of methods. These include:
- Academic Classes or Seminar Series hosted at Walt Disney World® Resort
- On-line clasess
- Directed studies
- Supervised work integrated learning opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
One of the most unique aspects of the Disney International Programs is just how international they really are. Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world.
There are four Disney International Housing complexes you could be housed at, each featuring amenities including fitness centers, transportation systems, swimming pools and computer labs – providing an exciting setting for you to build relationships and create lifelong memories. You can also participate in cast member events and scheduled activities in the housing complexes throughout your program. During your personal time, you'll even have the opportunity to visit Disney parks and explore everything that Orlando, Florida has to offer.
Whether you're assigned to a one, two, three or four-bedroom apartment, you'll share a bedroom with one or two Disney International Programs participants. Often, your roommate(s) will be from another country, allowing you to learn about other cultures as you share your own and make lifelong friends.
In order to make the living experience more convenient for you, housing costs are automatically deducted from participants' weekly paycheck. Participants will also help support the exclusive activities and events they'll get to attend throughout the program by contributing a one-time fee of $375.00 USD at the time of offer (Disney Program Assessment Fee - includes first week's rent).
Stay Connected! Explore the Disney International Programs social networks and enjoy videos that provide a behind the scene look into all the Disney wonder. Connect with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Disney Internatinonal Programs Blog.
- Disney International Programs Facebook
- Disney International Programs Twittter
- Disney International Programs Youtube
- Disney International Programs Blog
For more information about the Academic Exchange Program, please visit the following websites
STUDENTS MUST BE STUDYING AT ONE OF CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY'S PARTNERSHIP U.K UNIVERSITIES TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- University of Brighton
- University of Chester
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Derby (Buxton Campus)
- Leeds Beckett University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Northumbria University
- University of Portsmouth
- Robert Gordon University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- NHTV University of Applied Sciences Breda, The Netherlands
- Fontys Academy, Tilburg, The Netherlands
- St Clair College, Canada
STUDENTS MUST ALSO BE STUDYING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT AREAS AND SEEKING A 12-MONTH PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019 - 2020:
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Business and Marketing
- Leisure Studies
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Aged at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Possess a valid passport
- Able to speak fluent English
- Currently enrolled and in good academic standing at a participating international college or university
- Able to exit the United States and return to your home university upon completion of the program
- Applications for the Academic Exchange Program for the academic year 2019 - 2020 are open!
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program dates for 2019 - 2020 are as follows:
- Monday 8 July 2019 - Thursday 2 July 2020
- We will reach out to applicants within two weeks of submitting an application for the Program.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an online video interview with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team.
- If successful, candidates will then be invited to a final interview with the Disney International Recruitment Team via Video Call.
Participants on the Academic Exchange Program will be required to submit the following fees:
ACADEMIC TUITION FEE - PAYABLE TO CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY ONE MONTH PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- 6-month program = $2430.00 USD - $400.00 USD payment required at time of acceptance - deducted from total amount
- 12-month program = $4410.00 USD - $400.00 USD payment required at time of acceptance - deducted from total amount
- Criminal Background Check Fee = £90.00 GBP
- Disney Program Assessment Fee = $375.00 USD (includes first week of rent)
- U.S. Embassy Appointment Fee = $160.00 USD
- U.S. SEVIS Fee = $180.00 USD
- Flights to the United States = Varies
- Medical Insurance = $50.00 USD to $80.00 USD per month (approximately) - must be paid in total prior to arrival for the duration of your program dates. Select U.K Universities offer International Medical Insurance free to their students. If applicable, students will be exempt from this fee.
- Weekly Accommodation Costs = $103.00 - $134.00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended