According to Vogue Magazine, The newly opened Lake House on Canandaigua is among the 'most anticipated hotel openings of 2020', a brand new destination for travelers seeking an active wellness retreat in Western New York. Formerly a beloved motor lodge, it offers a residentially inspired and design-forward hospitality experience with 70 percent of the 125 rooms offering stunning lake views.
The natural beauty of the surrounding Finger Lakes Region makes the property the perfect setting for both leisure and business events and appeals to the city crowds as an oasis of calm. Facilities include a pool that was nominated one of the best hotel pools in upstate New York, hot tub, gym and yoga room, library, meeting rooms and a 40 slip boat dock.
With sustainability at its core, guests have the chance to experience locally-made cheeses and wines, and produce from the kitchen garden. There’s also endless options for fun outside with beachfront just a few minutes away, horseback riding, rope climbing, or a visit to a local beekeeper. Nearby activities include winery tours, hiking trails, watersports to name a few.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on an amazing adventure to Upstate New York... #MYYUMMYSTORY
Participants on an Internship with The Lake House on Canandaigua will learn how to take care of guests at the highest level and be in the fortunate position to offer farm fresh menus of the highest quality.
Whilst on the Food and Beverage Program, participants will get to develop their experience with rotations in all locations on site:
The Sand Bar
A longtime local institution, the Sand Bar is an iconic casual hangout spot originally opened in 1994. The menu has been updated and offers an extensive beer and wine selection, fresh cocktails created by the masterful Donny Clutterbuck, and simple yet perfect bar staples like crisp golden fries.
Rose Tavern is a New American restaurant serving a rustic, seasonal menu inspired by the bounty and beauty of the Finger lakes region. Centered around a wood fired hearth, Rose Tavern is heralded for embracing local ingredients and classic cooking techniques.
Banquets and Events
The Lake House on Canandaigua is a destination for lakeside weddings, family reunions and corporate retreats. Particpants will have a chance to learn how to offer bespoke services to suit each party's needs.
Pay rates start from $7.85 per hour plus tips.
Participants on the Rooms Division Program will have the chance to fully experience working in the following areas:
- Front Desk
- Housekeeping Inspector
Participants will be guaranteed an hourly wage that starts from $13.50 per hour dependant upon role, and will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week. During busy times, typical work schedules can be 35-40 hours per week.
The Lake House on Canandaigua was lovingly conceived of and created by a family of dreamers and doers. The property is a combination of nostalgic familiarity and modern design sensibilities, paying particular attention to sustainability. Each room was designed to integrate the area’s natural beauty and introduce the uninitiated to the charms of lake life. Nestled at the base of Canandaigua Lake, in the heart of the Finger Lakes, this luxury retreat offers guests the chance to unwind in style with slow, sunny walks in the garden; long days spent sailing and swimming; cozy nights by the fire; and feasts of locally-grown ingredients and the internationally renowned wines produced just a short drive from here.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM AS A J-1, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be available for a 12-month contract.
YOU MUST ALSO MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be currently enrolled in full-time education at a University outside of the United States.
- Studying towards an undergraduate degree in Hospitality, Leisure or Tourism OR have graduated from these studies no more than 12 months prior to your program start date.
- Be a graduate from an undergraduate degree in Hospitality, Leisure or Tourism PLUS at least one year of related work experience in this industry. This experience must have been obtained outside of the United States.
- If you have not studied at University level, you must have at least five-years full time work experience in the industry to qualify. This experience must have been obtained outside of the United States.
- Interviews with the Yummy Jobs Team will take place via Skype/Zoom.
- If successful, candidates will then be invited to a final interview with a member of The Lake House team via Zoom.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THIS PROGRAM
Participants will be required to submit the following fees (after acceptance of a job offer):
£2,850.00 GBP - 12-month full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, U.S SEVIS Fee, Pre-arrival Support and Pre-arranged Job.
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Flights to the United States = Varies
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = Varies (candidates are required to source their own housing)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended
All fees may be subject to change.