APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR SUMMER 2019! SUBMIT YOUR APPLCATION EARLY AND GUARANTEE AN AMAZING SUMMER EXPERIENCE IN CALIFORNIA NEXT YEAR!
Imagine spending your summer break from university living the Californian Dream... You can do just that with our Island Ventures Resort Program! On this program, participants will spend their summer on Catalina Island, CA, working in one of the following positons:
- Quick Service Food and Beverage
- Hotel Front Desk (for applicants with prior experience)
Participants will be paid an hourly wage of $10.50 USD per hour and will be guaranteed at least 32 hours of work per week, however typical schedules can be between 35-45 hours per week during peak times.
Company housing is provided for all participants for the duration of the program, and will cost $100.00 USD per week (automatic payroll deduction). The housing is fully-furnished, shared apartments. Participants will be required to share a room with between 1-3 other program participants, depending upon the size of the room. There is no transportation on the island; housing is located a short-walk to local ammenities and all work locations (maximum 20-minute walk).
There are plenty of opportunities to engage in cultural exchange activities on the island during your time off, including island safari excursions, zip lining and dolphin boat tours. Based off the coast of L.A, participants will also be able to explore everything California has to offer during their days off, making this program the perfect mix of working, travelling... and having fun!
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be currently enrolled in full time education within the U.K or Ireland, studying towards a Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
- Have successfully completed at least one full semester of study before the program commences. Candidates can also participate on this program immediately following their final year of study.
- Be available for the full program duration. The summer programs run from June - September each year.
- Students from Europe should contact the Yummy Jobs Team prior to completing an application for further eligibility requirements.
- We are now accepting applications for this program for Summer 2019!
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - September each year (to be confirmed for Summer 2019).
- We will begin interviewing for this program from October 2018 onwards.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an online interview with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team via Skype.
- If successful, candidates will then be invited to a final interview with a member of the Island Ventures team via Skype.
- We will begin reaching out to candidates with invitations to interview in October 2018.
Participants on the Island Ventures Resort International Program will be required to submit the following fees (after acceptance of an offer):
£985.00 GBP - 3-month Full Placement Program Fee inclusive of Visa Sponsorship, Medical Insurance, U.S SEVIS Fee, Background Check Application, Pre-arrival Support, Pre-arranged Job and Pre-arranged Housing.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR SUMMER 2019
- U.S. Embassy appointment fee = $160.00 USD
- Flights to the United States = Varies
- Housing pre-payment = $150.00 USD (paid upon arrival - $100.00 USD refundable upon check-out)
POST ARRIVAL FEES
- Weekly accommodation costs = $100.00 USD per week (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended