APPLICATIONS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM - HISTORICAL RESEARCH CENTER ARE NOW CLOSED. WE ANTICIPATE THAT APPLICATIONS WILL NEXT OPEN OVER SUMMER 2018.
Get ready to begin a rewarding adventure that could change your life!
One of the greatest benefits of the Disney International Programs is the experience gained whilst working as a Cultural Representative. This is an opportunity to work and learn from one of the world's leading entertainment and hospitality companies.
In the Cultural Representative Program, participants share their culture and customs with guests who visit from all over the world. Participants in this program will authentically represent the country of The United Kingdom, working for the Historical Research Center (HRC) at the United Kingdom Pavilion in Epcot. HRC is an operating participant company which has an extensive working library for heritage and heraldry, family crests, coats of arms and family name histories.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on a rewarding adventure with the Disney International Programs... #MYYUMMYSTORY
The Disney Cultural Representative Program, with the Historical Research Centre, sees you working at The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL on a Q-1 Cultural Representative Visa. You will however be employed directly by the Historical Research Center into a Merchandise role. Participants will be paid an hourly wage of $10.00 per hour, and will be provided with at least 32 hours of work per week.
See what a "Day in the Life" is like as a Cultural Representative. Check out Scott's video!
The Cultural Representative Program with HRC is a 15-month program, although the program length may vary with the country/position offered.
One of the most unique aspects of Disney International Programs is just how international they really are. Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world. Our complexes feature amenities like fitness centers, transportation systems, swimming pools and computer labs – providing an exciting setting for you to build relationships and create lifelong memories. You can also participate in events and scheduled activities in the housing complexes throughout your program. During your personal time, you'll even have the opportunity to visit Disney parks and explore everything that Orlando, Florida has to offer.
Whether you're assigned to a one, two, three or four-bedroom apartment, you'll share a bedroom with one or two Disney International Programs participants. Often times, your roommate(s) will be from another country, allowing you to learn about other cultures as you share your own.
In order to make the living experience more convenient, housing costs are automatically deducted from participants' weekly paycheck. Participants will also help support the exclusive activities and events they'll get to attend throughout the program by contributing a one-time fee of $225.00 USD (Disney Program Assessment Fee).
Stay connected! Explore the Disney International Programs social networks and enjoy videos that provide a behind the scene look into all the Disney wonder. Connect with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Disney International Programs Blog.
- Disney International Programs Facebook
- Disney International Programs Twitter
- Disney International Programs Youtube
- Disney International Programs Blog
Check out what you could get up to as a Cultural Representative with Disney!
For more information about the Historical Research Center, please visit their website.
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM WITH THE HISTORICAL RESEARCH CENTER, PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Hold a valid passport for the United Kingdom
- Be available for a full 15-month contract
- Speak fluent conversational English
- Have no visible tattoos - face, neck, wrist and hand tattoos are not permitted
In addition to this, the following experience is highly sought after:
- Previous study in History at Degree/A-level, or a strong proven interest in this subject
- Extensive previous work experience in the Retail industry
THE YUMMY JOBS TEAM CURRENTLY RECRUITS FOR THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
- United Kingdom
- Applications for the Cultural Representative Program - Historical Research Center are now closed. We anticipate that applications will re-open over Summer 2018 (specific dates to be confirmed).
- Applicants must be available for a full 15-month contract.
- All applicants will be required to apply for the program online through Yummy Jobs in order to be considered.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview session via Skype with the Yummy Jobs Team.
- If successful, applicants will then be required to attend a final interview session with Walt Disney World International Recruitment in London.
Please note, all dates are subject to change
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THE CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM WITH HRC!
Participants on the Cultural Representative Program with HRC will be required to submit the following fees:
- Criminal Background Check = £85.00 GBP
- Program Assessment Fee = $225.00 USD
- U.S. Embassy Appointment Fee = $190.00 USD
- Courier Delivery of Passport = Free - £30.00 GBP
- 12 Months Medical Insurance = $550.00 USD to $900.00 USD (must be purchased in full prior to arrival into the U.S).
- Flight to the United States = Varies
- Weekly Accommodation Costs = $135.00 - $156.00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended
Please note, all fees are subject to change and may change without notice. Prices stated above are correct for 2018 arrivals.