APPLICATIONS FOR THE CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR SUMMER 2018 ARE NOW CLOSED. WE ANTICIPATE THAT APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 WILL OPEN IN JULY 2018.
Get ready to begin a rewarding adventure that could change your life!
The Cultural Exchange Program provides international students the opportunity to spend their summer break from university working at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, Florida, whilst experiencing the Disney Magic first-hand. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and share their culture with Guests from the United States and all over the world, learn important business philosophies and make lifelong friends.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on an amazing adventure with the Disney International Programs... #MYYUMMYSTORY
Participants on this program will work in roles such as Attractions and Operations, Merchandise, Quick Service/Full Service Food and Beverage, Lifeguarding, Recreation, Custodial and Entertainment. In addition to the valuable skills gained through day-to-day responsibilities of the job, you could have the opportunity to network with Disney leaders and participate in special Cast Member activities while gaining real-world experience with one of the most admired entertainment companies in the world. What more could you want from a summer experience?
Check out what Reanne got up to on her Cultural Exchange Program over Summer 2016!
On this unique experience, you will work at the Walt Disney World® Resort on a J-1 Summer Work and Travel Visa. The Cultural Exchange Program runs from June - August each year, with an additional 30-day travel period upon completion of the program. This is at maximum a three-month experience, and candidates must exit the United States and return to their home country upon completion of the program.
One of the most unique aspects of the Disney International Programs is just how international they really are! Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world.
There are four Disney International Housing complexes you could be housed at, each featuring amenities including fitness centers, transportation systems, swimming pools and computer labs – providing an exciting setting for you to build relationships and create lifelong memories. You can also participate in cast member events and scheduled activities in the housing complexes throughout your program. During your personal time, you'll even have the opportunity to visit Disney parks and explore everything that Orlando, Florida has to offer. What more could you want?
Whether you're assigned to a one, two, three or four-bedroom apartment, you'll share a bedroom with one or two Disney International Programs participants. Often, your roommate(s) will be from another country, allowing you to learn about other cultures as you share your own and make lifelong friends.
In order to make the living experience more convenient for you, housing costs are automatically deducted from participants' weekly paycheck. Participants will also help support the exclusive activities and events they'll get to attend throughout the program by contributing a one-time fee of $225.00 USD at the time of offer (Disney Program Assessment Fee).
Stay Connected! Explore the Disney International Programs social networks and enjoy videos that provide a behind the scene look into all the Disney wonder. Connect with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Disney Internatinonal Programs Blog.
- Disney International Programs Facebook
- Disney International Programs Twittter
- Disney International Programs Youtube
- Disney International Programs Blog
For more information about the Academic Exchange Program, please visit the following websites
Participants on the Cultural Exchange Program will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience with on of the most admired entertainment companies in the world. Participants will expand their skills collaborating with Disney leaders while being immeresed in U.S. and international cultures. Best of all - participants will enjoy their school break working and living near Orlando, Florida - a vacation hotspot that is known for its sunny weather and fun activities.
TO PARTICIPATE ON THE CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM, PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Able to speak fluent English
- At least 18 years of age at the time of applying
- Have a valid passport
- A student enrolled in an accredited, degree-issuing college or university, studying full-time towards an undergraduate degree
- Entering second year of study or above for the academic year you are applying. Students can participate in the program immediately following the completion of undergraduate study
- Be available for program dates between June - August
THE YUMMY JOBS TEAM CURRENTLY RECRUITS FOR THE CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
- United Kingdom
- Europe - Due to further eligibility requirements with some European Countries, please check with the Yummy Jobs Team before applying.
- Applications for the Cultural Exchange Program for Summer 2018 are now closed.
- We anticipate that applications for Summer 2019 will open in July 2018.
- Applicants are required to be available for the full program dates in order to be considered. The program runs from June - August each year.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a pre-screen presentation and interview session with the Yummy Jobs Team in Essex, U.K. These take place towards the end of September each year.
- Final face-to-face interviews with The Walt Disney World Resort take place in London.
Please note, all dates are subject to change
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THE CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR SUMMER 2019
Participants on the Cultural Exchange Program will be required to submit the following fees:
- Criminal Background Check Fee = £85.00 GBP
- Disney Program Assessment Fee = $355.00 USD (includes first week of rent)
- U.S. Embassy Appointment Fee = $160.00 USD
- U.S. SEVIS Fee = $35.00 USD
- Courier delivery of passport = Free to £30.00 GBP
- Return flight to the United States = Varies
- Medical Insurance = $50.00 - $80.00 USD per month (approximately) - must be paid in one lump sum prior to arrival for the duration of your program dates.
- Weekly Accommodation Costs - $116.00 - $134.00 USD (automatic payroll deduction)
- Additional supporting funds between $350.00 - $750.00 USD are recommended
Please note, all fees are subject to change and may change without notice. Prices stated above are correct for Summer 2018 arrivals.